Logistics vs supply chain
What is supply chain management?
Supply chain management is about providing more value to our customers and improving competitiveness.
What is Logistics Management?
Difference between supply chain management and logistic management.
- Logistics Management> The process of integrating the movement and maintenance of goods inside and outside the organization.
- Supply Chain Management> The coordination and management of supply chain activities is known as supply chain management.
- Logistics Management> works on customer satisfaction.
- Supply chain management works for> competitive advantage.
- Logistics management is a part of supply chain management.
- Supply chain management is a new version of logistics management.
- Inbound Logistics: Activities that use goods procurement, handling of goods, stores and transportation.
- Outbound Logistics: Collection, maintenance and distribution activities for the end consumer.
Definition of supply chain management.Supply chain management (SCM) is a series of modifications and interaction activities from raw materials to finished goods, until the goods reach the end user.
This is the result of the efforts of many organizations, which helped to make this series of activities successful.
These organizations may include many companies with whom they work as suppliers, manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, and consumers. Activities include integration in supply chain management, sourcing, procurement, production, testing, logistics, customer service, performance measurement and more.
You can follow me on Facebook page and join my group.
Facebook Page : Facebook Group